BE Adviser, LLC is required to disclose the following information:
* The Post-Filing Debtor Education Course fee is $49 per person for the Video Course (Premium), $39 per person for the Audio Plus Course (Regular), $29 per person for the Standard Audio Course (Basic Plus), and $9.76 per person for the Basic Text Course (Basic). BE Adviser, LLC accepts credit cards, and we also accept checks, cash, or money orders if you prefer to pay by mail. The fee for the audio course is waived for hearing-impaired clients. When you check the box on our registration page stating you are hearing-impaired, the fee for audio will be waived automatically. This will reduce the fee for the Audio Course Plus (Regular) from $39 per person to $19.76 per person for the hearing impaired individual, and will reduce the fee for the Standard Audio Course (Basic Plus) from $29 per person to $9.76 per person for the hearing impaired individual.
We have three optional services, which are not required to be selected. Faxing of the certificate to the attorney for $5 per person, mailing of the certificate to the client's home address for $6 per person, and expedited filing for $19 per person, which will be provided within two hours during normal business hours (M-F 10am-6pm EST). Expedited filing is typically only necessary if you are on a deadline for filing your course certificate. If your case is in danger of being closed soon, expedited filing can ensure your certificate is properly filed prior to case-closure.
* BE Adviser LLC's Post-Filing Debtor Education Course is available to individuals who are unable to pay. (Please see our Fee Waiver Policy by clicking on "I qualify as a no-cost client" on our registration page).
* BE Adviser, LLC provides free bilingual instruction by allowing our clients to access our website with Google Chrome, which can translate our course materials to the user's native language automatically. Alternatively, our agency may choose to refer the client to another approved agency which provides the course in their native language.
* All BE Adviser instructors hold at least one of the following current certifications and/or accreditations, or possess equivalent training or experience: certified credit counselor, certified financial planner, or certified public accountant.
* BE Adviser, LLC does not pay or receive fees or other consideration for referrals.
* Upon course completion, BE Adviser, LLC is obligated to provide an individual certificate of completion to each client promptly after course completion. We are mandated by the UST or Bankruptcy Administrators to issue the certificate within three business days. It is our policy to exceed this goal by issuing the certificate the same day after we receive notification of course completion except in exigent circumstances (such as unavailability of the UST certificate generation system).
* Disclosures to UST or Bankruptcy Administrators: BE Adviser, LLC may disclose information to the United States Trustee or Bankruptcy Administrators in connection with their oversight of our agency, or during the investigation of complaints, during on-site visits, or during quality of service reviews.
* The United States Trustee or Bankruptcy Administrators have only reviewed BE Adviser's Debtor Education Course. The UST or Bankruptcy Administrators have neither reviewed nor approved any further services our agency provides to our clients.
* A client will only receive a certificate if the client successfully completes the Debtor Education Course.
* Approved to issue certificates in compliance with the Bankruptcy Code. Approval does not endorse or assure the quality of an Agency's services.
Terms and Conditions for BE Adviser, LLC
The Client must provide certain information upon registration. This information may include, but is not necessarily limited to, Name, Address, Phone Number, Date of Birth, Last 4 Digits of their Social Security Number, Bankruptcy case information including case number and the Federal Judicial District in which the case was filed. The Client must also include the Name, Email, Fax Number, and Phone Number of their attorney. Clients should understand that the failure to provide such information may result in the inability of the client to register for the course, or may delay delivery of the certificate to their attorney.
BEAdviser.com's Post-Filing Debtor Education course is available to clients who are unable to pay the fee. The course is available 24/7 on the web at https://beadviser.com/. BEAdviser.com instructors meet or exceed the standards of the United States Trustee Program or Bankruptcy Administrators. BEAdviser.com will provide a certificate of course completion to the client when the client completes the course. Nothing herein shall apply to actions or claims under the provisions of the United States Bankruptcy Code, 11 U.S.C. Sec 101.
BEAdviser.com does not pay or receive fees or other considerations for referrals. Course materials are provided through the Internet, and the course is accessible at any time. Individuals under the age of 16 should not use our service or submit any personal information. BEAdviser.com does not collect or retain information from those known to be under the age of 16, and no part of the Website is intended or developed to attract anyone under the age of 16.
Waiving Tuition Policy for BE Adviser, LLC
BE Adviser's Debtor Education Course is available to clients who are unable to pay. All clients will be analyzed to determine if they qualify for a fee waiver. They will be notified by email if they qualify, with instructions on the documentation required for a refund. A client may also request an advance determination prior to paying for the session by submitting the appropriate documentation. To qualify, the client's income must be below 150% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines as published yearly by the Department of Health and Human Services. (Latest statistics available at http://aspe.hhs.gov/poverty/)
Regardless of fee waiver method (automatic or advance determination) The student is required to submit proof of their income for verification. BE Adviser, LLC will then determine if the income information submitted qualifies for a fee waiver. Qualified no cost students are entitled to receive the internet or mobile version of our course at no cost.
The following documents are required to be submitted for determination of a fee waiver: The attached form, and Submission of Schedules I from the client's bankruptcy petition and household size. If those are not available, pay stubs (minimum of last 60 days), and the household size are required to verify the applicant qualifies.
The above documentation can be submitted by the client or by any party on the client's behalf to our Fee Waiver Department. Please redact any sensitive information (such as full Social Security Numbers) prior to submitting documentation. Send your Documentation to the Following Address:BE Adviser, LLC
Attn. Fee Waiver Request
703 Washington Ave.
Bay City, MI 48708-5732
or email the request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ability to request a fee waiver expires after 60 days from the date payment was originally received.
There are several areas on the Website where you may be asked to enter both personal and non-personal information. We DO NOT sell or share any personal information about you to or with any person or organization except (i) as authorized by you, (ii) to participating Agencies, (iii) as set forth herein, or (iv) as may be required by law or court order.
(a) Information we receive from your submitted registration form. To use BEAdviser.com's services, when you come to the Website you'll need to provide personal information including but not limited to your Name, Address, Phone Number, Date of Birth, Last 4 Digits of their Social Security Number, Bankruptcy case information including case number and the Federal Judicial District in which the case was filed. The Client must also include the Name, Email, Fax Number, and Phone Number of their attorney.
(b) Technical information we collect. BEAdviser.com collects and tracks certain user information to allow for easy course management. When you visit the Website, our Web server may send a cookie to your computer. This cookie stores a limited amount of information about your site visit. The cookie tracks aggregate information on how our site is being used, including session counts, online advertising and effectiveness, navigation patterns, pages visited, etc. These cookies, however, do not store any personally identifiable information.
When you complete your registration form, we store your cookie identification in our system. This cookie allows our site to recognize you when you return. BEAdviser.com also utilizes Web Logs to track aggregate information about how our site is being used. Web Logs track anonymous user information, including the number of visitors to the Website, operating systems, Internet Provider addresses (if publicly available), and browser type. Unlike cookies, Web Logs are maintained only on BEAdviser.com's servers and do not store or place anything on the user's computer.
If you come to the Website from an online banner ad, an anonymous identification number may be passed to the Website. Cookies may be placed on your computer and are used for online advertising and site analytics. This information cannot be used to gather any personally identifiable information about you. It will only allow us to track the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, marketing and banner advertisement campaigns. You can opt out of any interest based advertising here: optout.networkadvertising.org
(c) Information from the Contact / email@example.com section of the Website is provided that you may contact BEAdviser.com. Participation in this area is completely voluntary and it is your choice whether or not you wish to disclose your personal information to us.
(d) Information collected on other sections of the Website. BEAdviser.com may, from time to time, make various resources available to you at the Website to help educate you about the bankruptcy and/or credit counseling industry. At times we may collect personal information in connection with providing such services.
How your information is used
We use the information you provide in your registration form or other submission of information verify your identity and confirm you have completed the required debtor education course.
From time to time, course evaluation information is submitted to the United States Trustee or Bankruptcy Administrators upon their request.
Your certificate and/or information contained therein may be shared with a third party agency and disclosed only if requested by a court, a trustee, or a licensed attorney. Documentation verifying the validity of the certificate may also be shared. This provision is necessary to ensure the authenticity of certificates processed through our agency, as well as to ensure that any certificate filed with the court matches our records and is authentic.
In addition, BEAdviser.com may disclose account or other personal information when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with BEAdviser.com's rights or property, other Website users or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities.
Altering Information You Submit
You may be able to review and change personal information in an active account.
(a) Deleting your information. Federal and state regulations may require that we store completed Submissions for various periods of time. In order to comply with these regulations, we may be unable to delete information from our databases.
Although BEAdviser.com has taken measures to ensure that your personal information is delivered and disclosed only in accordance with your instructions, BEAdviser.com cannot and does not guarantee that the personal information you provide will not be intercepted by others and decrypted.
PLEASE PRINT AND RETAIN A COPY OF THIS AGREEMENT FOR YOUR OWN PERSONAL RECORDS. Last updated on November 1, 2019.